Placeholder Why do we need iodine? – USA Apteka

Why do we need iodine?

Why do we need iodine? The importance of iodine for health and how to make up for its deficiency

Iodine is not just a chemical element; it is a key ingredient that keeps our bodies healthy. Let's dive into the world of iodine and find out why it is so important to us.

food rich in iodine on table

The importance of iodine

Iodine is a trace element that is necessary for the synthesis of thyroid hormones: thyroxine and triiodothyronine. These hormones regulate metabolism, participate in the work of all organs and systems, and even affect the growth and development of children.

Here's a quick sock-it-to-you guide to daily iodine requirements:

  • Infants (first 12 months): 50 mcg

  • Young Children (2 to 6 years): 90 mcg

  • School-age Children (7 to 12 years): 120 mcg

  • Adults (12 years and older): 150 mcg

  • Pregnant and Nursing Women: 200 mcg


Iodine deficiency

Currently, iodine deficiency diseases are among the most common human diseases. The World Health Organization has put this problem on par with the growth of cardiovascular and oncological diseases and defined it as global.

Iodine deficiency can lead to serious health problems such as goiter, mental retardation, and even spontaneous abortions in pregnant women. Symptoms may include fatigue, weight gain, or dry skin. If you experience these symptoms, it might be time to consult an endocrinologist.

Iodine: A Salt of the Earth

90% of our body receives iodine from food, the remaining 10% comes from water and air.

Iodine is found in various foods. Squids, mussels, crabs, sea kale - all this saturates the body with the necessary trace element. In addition, nutritionists advise including beets, carrots, potatoes, cabbage, lettuce, persimmons, apples, grapes, plums, buckwheat, millet, cheese, cottage cheese, and milk on the menu.

One of the easiest and most affordable ways to enrich your diet with iodine is to use iodized salt. Quality iodized salt tastes and looks the same as regular table salt and is suitable for all culinary uses.

Iod-aktiv: Your Iodine Solution


IOD-AKTIV 40 tab


Iod-aktiv is a fantastic solution to overcome iodine deficiency. It actively absorbs iodine when needed and excretes excess, ensuring a balanced intake. Iodine in Iod-aktiv is part of thyroid hormones and helps regulate metabolism, including proteins, fats, and carbohydrates. It also influences the functioning of the nervous and cardiovascular systems.

Currently available at USA Apteka for a special price, Iod-aktiv is a must-have for anyone looking to maintain optimal iodine levels.

Iodine is more than just a seasoning; it's a vital nutrient that keeps our bodies ticking. Whether you're by the sea or landlocked in the city, make sure to sprinkle some iodized joy into your meals. And if you need a little extra boost, Iod-aktiv is here to sock it to your iodine needs!

Grab Your Iod-aktiv Now! 🛒

Leave a comment

Please note: comments must be approved before they are published.

Propolis: The Natural Remedy You Can Find in a Russian Store Near You - USA Apteka

Propolis: The Natural Remedy You Can Find in a Russian Store Near You

Propolis is a resinous substance collected by honeybees from tree buds, sap flows, or other botanical sources. Often referred to as "bee glue," this natural remedy has been used for centuries for its medicinal properties. But what exactly is propolis, and how does it work?
Read more
Heart Matters: A Holistic Approach to Cardiovascular Health - USA Apteka

Heart Matters: A Holistic Approach to Cardiovascular Health

This article aims to provide an in-depth analysis of the factors affecting heart health, supported by statistics and medical insights. We will also explore various natural remedies available at your local Russian pharmacy USA Apteka to aid in cardiovascular well-being.
Read more
Valeriana: The Russian Pharmacy secret for calmness and rest - USA Apteka

Valeriana: The Russian Pharmacy secret for calmness and rest

In this article we will examine the benefits of this versatile plant and discover why it's the natural choice for better sleep, reduced anxiety, and overall well-being.
Read more