5 Ways to Combat Insomnia
5 Ways to Combat Insomnia
As soon as your head touches the pillow, sleep vanishes without a trace. If you manage to fall asleep, the slightest noise can wake you up. You wake up so often that it seems like you didn't sleep at all... Sound familiar?
Sleep difficulties can arise for various reasons. Thoughts prevent you from falling asleep, it's hard to find a comfortable position due to tension in the legs, rapid heartbeat and anxiety, urges to urinate, and so on. And, as a result, accumulated fatigue, decreased attention, memory and performance, constant drowsiness, apathy, depression, and feeling down.
Don't be upset if you recognize any of these symptoms in this list! Even if insomnia has been tormenting you for a long time, there are always ways to change the situation for the better.
Here are five ways to fight insomnia:
- Avoid stimulating drinks (coffee, green tea, alcohol, energy drinks) and hard-to-digest products in the evening.
- Regulate a comfortable room temperature, ventilate the room, and eliminate noise sources.
- Reduce stress, postpone nerve-wracking conversations and phone calls until morning. Don't go to bed irritated or angry. Don't spend a lot of time in front of the TV, computer, or phone before sleep.
- Excessive blue light from screens can disrupt your circadian rhythm and sleep.
- Take a walk in the fresh air before sleep and add regular physical exercise to your life.
If you've tried all these methods but sleep still doesn't come, don't despair! If you can't fall asleep within 30 minutes, don't stay in bed. Try to occupy yourself with something calm and pleasant, and then try to fall asleep again when you feel sleepy.
Remember, it's important to wake up and go to bed at the same time every day. Add 15-20 minutes to your sleep time for relaxation and "falling asleep."
Products for Healthy Sleep
If you have serious sleep problems, consult a doctor. You may need to consult a psychotherapist or neurologist to combat insomnia. If the diagnosis is difficult to make, a sleep doctor will help you.
Important! Do not start treatment with sleeping pills! They cause addiction and can be dangerous for some body systems.
In the fight against insomnia, it's best to use safe remedies that do not cause "withdrawal syndrome." These are herbal-based products, as well as those containing essential vitamins and minerals. They do not cause sluggishness or drowsiness after waking up. So you can rest assured that you won't fall asleep behind the wheel or at work in the morning.
In our Russian pharmacy we have a lot of products, which we can recommend. These products contain components that help you fall asleep quickly and easily, reduce the number of night awakenings, and improve well-being after waking up. They enhance sleep quality at night and mood during the day.